The city you save may be your own!
Physicians, veterans, attorneys, pharmacists, nurses, health care professionals, parents, teachers, youth, businesses, and civic organizations working together to:
* Help ALL MISSOURIANS avoid the UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES of marijuana legalization!
*Prevent marijuana from increasing suicidal thoughts, causing mental illness, and reducing IQ among youth.
The following Missouri medical organizations oppose medical marijuana:
Check out this informative video provided by Drug Free Idaho, Inc. that offers a first hand account of how marijuana normalization impacts communities in several areas: health care, economic, law enforcement, addiction, children, homelessness, businesses, and more.
1. Frequent THC use by adolescent brains, up to 25 years of age, significantly increases risk of suicide, mental health disorders, academic, and vocational struggles. See American Academy of Pediatrics and SAMHSA cannabis resources.
2. There are dramatic health risks associated with smoking/vaping anything. The only benefit to smoking a THC product is a rapid high. There are at least 2 "medical" marijuana states that do not allow smoking cannabis.
3. CBD Oil is widely available as a nutraceutical in most states. Much of the medical benefits are found in these extracts without the impairment and side effects of THC. The recently approved seizure medication, Epidiolex is derived from cannabis and does not contain THC.
4. The higher concentrations of THC in recent years are primarily driven by the desire for impairment not for medical benefits. The lowest THC concentrations possible should be paramount to any medical use. These newer strains of cannabis are not well studied and older data is not relevant to these THC potent strains.
5. Medicine is not taxed in Missouri. The two driving forces for legal Cannabis are TAX REVENUE and the ECONOMIC growth. Marijuana, just as with alcohol and cigarettes,(the tax collects only 1/9th of the impact costs) can NEVER be taxed enough to cover the financial damage caused by misuse and impairment associated with marijuana.
Citizens deserve safe and effective medications with specific reasons for use, safe delivery/consumption, and a standardized product with known ingredients.
shared his recommendation to put the brakes on marijuana legalization based on FACT. Missouri is the "Show Me State", perhaps we should allow Colorado to show us the FACTS.
Where has our breathless sprint into full-scale marijuana commercialization led Colorado?
Well, recent reports from the Rocky Mountain High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area, from Denver Health, from Energy Associates, from the Colorado Department of Revenue and from the City of Denver should be enough to give everyone in this race pause.
Let's educate ourselves about the impacts of commercialization. We have an opportunity as citizens to have a say in Missouri's health, safety, economy, and environment.
Less than 1% of Colorado's 2017 budget came from Marijuana taxes. Where is the money? With BIG MARIJUANA, not in tax revenue! Read the Rocky Mountain High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Report, pp 124.
Over 69% of local jurisdictions in Colorado voted not to allow marijuana sales in their community! A constitutional amendment would require all communities to allow this drug.
The Missouri State Medical Association opposes “medical” marijuana ballot questions for Missouri .
MSMA, the state's largest physician organization, is the voice of physicians, residents, and medical students who strive to protect the health of the public in Missouri.
The facts show crime is on the rise in Colorado and other states that legalize marijuana!
Dr. Simerville explains how marijuana adversely impacts the brain and why it is not medicine. Listen to him on YouTube.
Marijuana related traffic FATALITIES up 151% since commercialization of marijuana began in Colorado. We are conducting an experiment on our SOCIETY that is failing!
We are a nonprofit organization focused on helping Missouri avoid the unintended consequences of Marijuana legalization. The big Marijuana industry is BIG TOBACCO 2.O. Please learn what this could mean for Missouri.
USE YOUR VOICE & DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE LIES OF BIG MARIJUANA.
Are you passionate about what we're doing? Let us know! We are always looking for volunteers to help us make our vision a reality. We'll help you find a way to volunteer that best suits you. We're excited to have you join the team!
Whether you help through monetary donations, volunteering your time, or spreading our mission through word-of-mouth, thank you. We couldn't accomplish our goals without the help of supporters like you.
This national organization has a tremendous amount of information about the unintended consequences of BIG MARIJUANA. LearnaboutSAM.org
This report identifies all of the data from Colorado and demonstrates the unintended consequences of legalization.
Marijuana legalization should be based on science, compassion, health, and human rights. The right to live smoke free, without the normalization of another drug that causes addiction.
http://cdn-centennial.pressidium.com/centennial/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Economic-and-Social-Costs-of-Legalized-Marijuana-v1.2.pdf Comprehensive study with a significant amount of financial data
Your generous gift will help us inform the citizens of Missouri of the unintended consequences of marijuana legalization. Together, we can make a difference. Let your voice be heard!
VOTE NO on all THREE MARIJUANA INITIATIVES